So, you've created your account, downloaded and installed the client. Now what?
It's time to join a challenge! There are two ways of doing this, from the overlay when you are in-game, and from the G-Loot website in the browser.
Note: The G-Loot client must be open in the background to be able to track the challenge when you play
How do I join a challenge on the website?
First, add the games you play as favorites, so that you can easily access them in the sidebar.
To join challenges, navigate between the different game pages on the sidebar to find something you would like to sign up for.
Once you click on a game, you will be taken to the game's page where you can see all the challenges and leaderboards available to you. You are automatically enrolled into the daily/weekly leaderboards!
Choose if you wish to enroll in a Versus, Solo, or Sprint challenge at the top. Then, click the join button to enter the challenge you want to complete. Tip: You can see all active challenges on your home page!
Note: You can only be signed up for one challenge-type per game.
Once you have joined a challenge, you need to start the game of the challenge you signed up for.
Play the game as normal and we will keep track of your stats and challenge requirements. If the client is running as it should in the background, you will see in-game notifications as you rack up kills or add to the completion of the challenge (unless you have turned these off!)
How do I join a challenge in the client?
Launch the game you want to play, either from the G-Loot client, or separately
When in-game, summon the G-Loot overlay. You can do that by either clicking on the G-Loot logo in a corner of your screen, or by using the keyboard shortcut Alt+G
When the overlay opens, click the section ''Challenges''. It will show all available challenges for the game you are playing.
To join the challenge you want, click the button ''Join now'' and confirm.
When you have joined a challenge, you will be able to see it in the overlay, by clicking to the section ''My activity".
That's it! You have joined a challenge, and you can now start your match.
- You need to finish the game to the end to have your stats properly recorded. Even if you achieve the goal of the challenge, you need to finish the game, otherwise the G-Loot client will not be able to track your stats and you will not receive your reward.
- Make sure you have the client running in the background, and have joined a challenge before starting a match.
- Most Solo challenges have limited attempts, so if you did not win the challenge you may have to wait until you have new attempts available to try again.
- For Sprint challenges, you play as many matches as you want to, within the time limit, to climb up the list.
- For Versus, you play your match after enrolling to submit your result. The system will then look for opponents before finalizing the challenge - this can take up to 24 hours.
You can join one of the same type of challenge at the same time. You can, however, join different types of challenges at the same time (Example: You can join 1 Solo and 1 Versus challenge at the same time)